Polyester fiber is a polymer fiber made of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol through polymerization. It contains excellent physical and chemical properties; hence it is widely used in apparel and other non-textile industries. Its good drapability and high strength make it an important raw material in a variety of textile products.
- Excellent stability under wet or dry conditions, not easily deformed, good elasticity, suitable as clothing material.
- Good heat resistance; can be sculpted when heated, suitable for finishing.
- Dries easily, can be worn immediately after washing, can be machine-washed or dry-cleaned.
- Good abrasion resistance.
- Light and weather resistant.
- Can be universally used for knitting and weaving.
- Can be used to make casual wear, sportswear, jackets, outerwear, and a variety of textile products.